Your Company Could Be Eligible for up to $1,000 Per Hire in VA!
In 2015, the Virginia General Assembly unanimously voted to appropriate $500,000 in grant money to Virginia Values Veterans (V3)-certified employers who hire Veterans. The state is encouraging employers to commit to hiring veterans who have proven time and time again to have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to be a valuable asset in today’s workforce. The skills these service members and veterans develop in the military make them a respected talent source for employers wishing to develop and improve their organization’s performance.
Per the V3 website noted below, each company may qualify for up to $10,000 in grants, with $1,000 being awarded per eligible Veteran hired.
According to the website, in order to qualify for the V3 Employment Grant, companies must:
- Be a V3-certified company with an Employer ID number
- Have fewer than 301 employees under common control at the time of grant application
Also, veterans hired for the purposes of this grant must be:
- Discharged from active duty within one year of employment
- Hired in a full-time capacity
- Paid at or above the prevailing average wage for the locality of employment
- Hired and retained for at least 1 year (on or after July 1, 2014)
How You Can Use This Information
Take advantage of thousands of dollars of available grant money by becoming a V3-certified employer and hiring some of the best available employee resources. Veterans provide employers with motivated employees who have unique and relevant real-world skills and experience. For more information about the V3 program, contact the V3 Operations Coordinator, Mr. John Swales, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 371-2683, or visit the Virginia Values Veterans website at www.dvsv3.com/v3grant/.
How CohnReznick Can Help
CohnReznick appreciates the opportunity to help government contractors identify programs, credits, and incentives that can benefit their companies. Toward that end, we have several resources you should look into:
- CohnReznick Insights (cohnreznick.com/insights): Provides CohnReznick’s latest insights on business trends, regulatory developments, and economic issues. You can subscribe to receive Insights e-newsletters by email.
- CohnReznick Website (cohnreznick.com): In addition to Insights, our website provides extensive information about all aspects of Accounting and Assurance, Tax, and Advisory services.
- CohnReznick GovCon360 (govcon360.com): Keeps you up-to-date on the ever-changing regulatory environment that is government contracting. From reference materials to educational presentations and thought leadership pieces on industry matters, GovCon360 is a valuable resource for the Government contracting professional.