The FAR Alert Notice (FAN) was established by the Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP) in 2012, to help improve agency awareness of the regulatory changes. OFPP collaborates with FAR Council member agencies (GSA, DoD, and NASA) to prepare and review the FAN for dissemination to the acquisition workforce. FANs provide awareness to the acquisition workforce about upcoming regulatory changes and highlight noteworthy proposed rules, and interim and final rules recently published in the released Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) that impact the acquisition workforce.
FANs can be accessed here: http://www.fai.gov/drupal/resources/governance#FAN
Below are highlights from the most recent FAN, 2005-83, released on July 2, 2015:
• The micro-purchase base threshold of $3,000 (FAR 2.101) is increased to $3,500
• The simplified acquisition threshold (FAR 2.101) of $150,000 is unchanged
• The FedBizOpps preaward and post-award notices (FAR part 5) remain at $25,000 because of trade agreements
• The threshold for use of simplified acquisition procedures for acquisition of commercial items (FAR 13.500) is raised from $6.5 million to $7 million
• The cost or pricing data threshold (FAR 15.403–4) and the statutorily equivalent Cost Accounting Standard threshold are raised from $700,000 to $750,000
• The prime contractor subcontracting plan (FAR 19.702) floor is raised from $650,000 to $700,000, and the construction threshold of $1,500,000 stays the same
• The threshold for reporting first-tier subcontract information including executive compensation will increase from $25,000 to $30,000 (FAR subpart 4.14 and section 52.204–10)
All of the above are to be effective 10/1/15.